In 1958, a separate outpatient department of Mayo Hospital , Lahore was setup for the use of government employees. In 1960, this was converted into 55-bedded and name as Wahdat Hospital ; it had medical and surgical facilities, together with laboratory and X-Rays unit. it was later renamed " Services Hospital ".
In 1977, the bed strength was increased to 192(50% for the general public) and it became the teaching hospital of Allam Iqbal Medical College , (AMIC). In 1986, various additional buildings were constructed and the bed strength was raised to 904.In 1995, AIMC moved to its new campus, attached to Jinah Hospital . Services Hospital then became attached to the Postgraduate Medical Institute, (PGMI), with increased bed strength of 1096.Services Hospital Lahore was declared as "Autonomous Institution" in 1999. Most recently PGMI has become attached to the Lahore General Hospital ; it will be shifted to the premises of LGH on completion of its building..
Posted By Services-Hospital
Dated : 30/11/-0001, 00:00 AM